Sunday, April 1, 2012

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...

Hi Everyone! I wanted to show you one of my favorite presents that my husband got me for my birthday last month; it's a print of Wollman Rink in Central Park. The park is one of my favorite places in the city whether it's in the winter, covered in crisp white snow, or in the fall, painted in warm red and yellow tones. I have so many happy memories of walks through the park, and I love this print because it brings back all those memories when I look at it.


This is a print of an original painting entitled Wollman Rink by Elizabeth Baddeley of Meadowlark Designs on Etsy. I love its whimsical nature and the beautiful colors. Go over to Elizabeth's Etsy shop to see more of her work!

Wollman Rink in Central Park

One of these days I will actually learn how to ice skate so that I can go skating at the park... it's on my list of things to learn! Every Christmas I'm so jealous of all the skaters! I hope you all had a great first day of April (and that nobody played any crazy pranks on you today!!!), I still can't believe it's already April, before you know it the summer will be here! Hope you all have a great first week of April!
Maria xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Hi Maria, Thank you for your sweet comment about my linen bunny and your visit to my blog. I'm so happy you left a comment, because now I have discovered your blog. I am in love with this print and think I'll be purchasing one for your living room. My husband grew up in NYC and I think he'll love it. Thanks for sharing the artist's shop. Looking forward to your future posts. ~ Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so glad you liked the post and the print! It really is very pretty, and if your husband grew up in NYC, I'm sure he'll love it! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs