Friday, January 10, 2014

Oatmeal Cookie Sandwiches with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Filling

Hi Everyone! Happy Friday! I have a great little sweet treat to share with you to start the weekend off! If you are not a big oatmeal cookie fan, these little sandwiches may just turn you into one! Because what's not to love about this sweet, cinnamon flavored cream cheese goodness (that I could seriously just eat with a spoon!) in between two chewy oatmeal cookies?! And since there is oatmeal involved, I'm thinking these could pretty much pass off as a healthy breakfast (or so I told myself as I ate one for breakfast the other day!)

OATMEAL COOKIE SANDWICHES
WITH CINNAMON CREAM CHEESE FILLING

YOU WILL NEED:
6oz cream cheese, softened
4 tbs unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup - 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon

DIRECTIONS:
To make these cookie sandwiches, either use homemade or store bought oatmeal cookies. For the filling, combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and whisk on high speed until you get a smooth, creamy mixture. Make sure that both the cream cheese and butter are softened. As for the sugar, I used just a little more than a 1/4 cup, but use as much as you need to adjust the sweetness. Spread the cream cheese filling on one cookie, then top with the other to make a cookie sandwich!

For another cookie sandwich idea, check out THESE Ice-Cream Cookie Sandwiches!

Happy Baking, Everyone!
I will be linking to THESE wonderful blogs!
Follow Shopgirl on Bloglovin' / Follow Shopgirl on Twitter / Follow Shopgirl on Pinterest 

19 comments:

  1. These cookies look heavenly Maria! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were my secret obsession in high school! Love these cookies, great recipe Maria! Pinned!

    Krista @ Joyful Healthy Eats

    ReplyDelete
  3. The filling sounds soooo delicious! Happy New Year, Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These oatmeal sandwich cookies look so YUMMY! I am going to have to make me a batch!! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, you had me at cinnamon cream cheese filling! They look wonderful, going to give them a try! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oatmeal cookies are my very favorite, Maria! Now sandwiched with this yummy filling... oh my goodness!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh, yes please send some my way Maria!
    Beth @ The First Year Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUM!!! Thanks for sharing up at Tasty Tuesdays. Can't wait to see what you link up next week! Pinning!
    Cathy
    APeekIntoMyParadise.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look delicious! I'd love for you to share this at my weekly link party. Hope to see you there! http://www.thelifeofjenniferdawn.com/2014/01/a-little-bird-told-me-link-party-74.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love the Little Debbie oatmeal cream pies and I bet these would be 100x's better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Maria,
    Your Cookie Sandwiches look amazing and delicious! Thanks for helping us celebrate Three Years at Full Plate Thursday. Hope you have a great week and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh My! My mom made something similar when I was younger. I could eat all of them without thinking twice!
    Marie @ Fort Ledbetter

    ReplyDelete
  13. These cookies look fabulous! Love oatmeal cookies and combined with cinnamon cream cheese the filling makes them even better:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look super yummy! I agree 100% about passing them off as breakfast food ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many great recipes! This sounds amazing. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs